help-stow

Re: [Help-stow] Currently not installed

From: Mario Castelán Castro
Subject: Re: [Help-stow] Currently not installed
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 20:35:35 -0500

On 11/10/17 09:52, Eric Thomas wrote:
> When I run `stow emacs` from the `dotfiles` folder, I receive the message:
> `The program 'stow' is currently not installed. You can install it by
> typing:
> sudo apt install stow`
>
> How do I tell my system that stow is installed?

Is the stow binary in your “PATH” environment variable?.

If not, add it, and optionally configure a session start script to add
it with each log-in.

Or you can also run any program typing the relative or absolute path to
the executable. If the executable is in the current directory, then use
“./EXECUTABLE_NAME”.

--
Do not eat animals; respect them as you respect people.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=how+to+(become+OR+eat)+vegan