Re: rlog doesn't work

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: rlog doesn't work
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:25:23 -0700

matias kaukonen wrote:
> The command,
> rlog  lesson3.cpp
>
> produces:
> rlog: RCS/abc.c,v: No such file or directory
> --More--(Next file: lesson3.cpp)

Thank you for the report.  However this doesn't give very much
information to go upon.

It looks strange because you are passing lesson3.cpp to rlog but
getting an error message about abc.c back.  Plus you are somehow
getting it piped to 'more'.  Neither of those things are something
that rlog is coded to do.  That makes me wonder if there is an alias
or wrapper around rlog that is causing this behavior.

> Other cases of rlog just show the version history.
> What do you suggest is the fix for this?

We need more information before the root cause of the problem can be
determined.

Assuming that you are using a GNU or Unix machine what is the output
of these commands?

  type rlog

  ls -l lesson3.cpp* */lesson3.cpp* abc.c* */abc.c*

Please send it back to the mailing list.

Thanks
Bob