Re: How to Correct this error which i got while using Rcs.pm module in m

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: How to Correct this error which i got while using Rcs.pm module in my code.
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:04:26 -0600

srinivasan venkat wrote:
>   I just want to know whether there is any Provision in Rcs,to
>   retrive the file using version as the input.

See the -r option to the co command.  Example:

  co -r1.42 SOMEFILE

You may also retrieve specific versions to standard output such as to
be used by a pipepline.

  co -r1.42 -p SOMEFILE | $PAGER
  co -r1.42 -p SOMEFILE | grep PATTERN
  co -r1.42 -p SOMEFILE > SOMEFILE-1.42

>   ie Retrive files based on Versions without doing checkout operation(co).

Why do you want to avoid using the 'co' command to check out the file?
That is exactly the operation that it performs.  Therefore I would say
on the surface, no, there is no way to check out a file without using
the 'co' checkout file command.

>   I need to retrive the file of earlier versions, but i dont want to
>   check out the file ie (not using co command).Is there any other
>   command or options for this using Rcs.Please help me in this
>   regard.

Please explain why you don't want to use the co command.  That makes
no sense to me.  The co command checks out files.  Therefore not using
it makes it impossible to proceed further.

> Failed to retrieve revision info of test case - TC00631.xml due to system
> error:
>  Can't locate object method "load" via package "Rcs" line 1514.

Looks to me like your perl is broken on your system.  It seems unable
to dynamically load shared libraries that are part of perl modules.

Bob