Ident lockup

From: Aaron Manning
Subject: Ident lockup
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:15:11 -0400

Hello All,

     I have a question with the functionality of Ident. Currently I am using scripts to execute Ident on a list of files (100+). Within the files is the a link file called "RCS" pointing to the rcs repository. All files within the project are RCS'ed and when my script executes an "Ident.exe RCS" to check for $Id$ tags, Ident will hang. It is the same as if you just typed "Ident" with no file to check. I was wondering if this is intended or maybe this is a bug? I am using the RCS 5.7 Win version. I have verified that the linux version does not hang on an "Ident.exe RCS" call. Also, if I use "Ident.exe rcs" <lowercase> the hang issue does not occur? Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Aaron