Automate Log message

From: Daniel McAferty
Subject: Automate Log message
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:24:05 -0700

Does anyone know how to make it so I won't get prompted for a message
on the initializing with: rcs -i -kb filename

>From the command line I can check in a file with:

ci -m"Log Message" filename

My problem is in trying to do the same thing while initializing
a binary file.

To initiaize a binary file I can type:

rcs -i -kb filename

Then the system prompts me to type in a log message.
I am trying to do this in a batch file and I don't want
to have to type in a message for each new file.

If I use
rcs -i -kb -m"message" filename
I get  "rcs: -m lacks revision number"

Doco shows I need to use -mrev:message
rcs -i -kb -m1.1:"message" filename
gives an error "rcs: RCS/filename: RCS file empty". It doesn't
matter what I put for revision I get the same message.

Can I somehow turn off the message requirement? I can live without it.

Thanks,
Dan
Daniel V. McAferty