Re: RCS Access from Windows 2000 Laptop

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: RCS Access from Windows 2000 Laptop
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:35:35 -0400 (EDT)

RCS alone doesn't provide any server-client network-aware capaibilities.
that sort of thing is done with CVS.
there are are no server or client versions of RCS-- just RCS.

there are Windows binaries of RCS available.

http://www.gnu.org/software/rcs/

/a

--
"Trying to eliminate Saddam, extending the ground war into an occupation
of Iraq, would have violated our guideline about not changing objectives
in midstream, engaging in 'mission creep,' and would have incurred
incalculable human and political costs. Apprehending him was probably
impossible. We had been unable to find Noriega in Panama, which we knew
intimately. We would have been forced to occupy Baghdad and, in effect,
rule Iraq. The coalition would instantly have collapsed, the Arabs
deserting it in anger and other allies pulling out as well. Under those
circumstances, there was no viable 'exit strategy' we could see,
violating another of our principles. Furthermore, we had been
self-consciously trying to set a pattern for handling aggression in the
post-Cold War world. Going in and occupying Iraq, thus unilaterally
exceeding the United Nations' mandate, would have destroyed the
precedent of international response to aggression that we hoped to
establish. Had we gone the invasion route, the United States could
conceivably still be an occupying power in a bitterly hostile land. It
would have been a dramatically different and perhaps barren outcome."
  -- George Bush, Sr. and [National Security Advisor] Brent Scowcroft.
"A World Transformed", 1998. (chapter 19, page 489).