Need to figure out what is wrong with RCS file

From: vadim milman
Subject: Need to figure out what is wrong with RCS file
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:48:57 -0700

We are trying to help a customer check in  the file but we keep getting the
error

ci: /xxxxx/RCS/PAXPREPR.fmb,v:3679: edit script refers to
@ line past end of file
@ ci aborted

WE did review the file and did not see anything wrong. This RCS file is 280847
bytes.

The ci was erroring on the line in this block

115.238.26.1
log
@<comments>
@
text
@d1 1
a1 1
$Header: filename 115.238 2002/04/24 08:33:53 author ship $
@

This causes 'ci' to fail for this revision. Do we have an utility that checks
RCS file for grammar errors (we reviewed man rcsfile but it is hard to figure
out if it is right or wrong?).

This prevents the customer from doing 'ci' and releasing the patch via another
system
to the customer. ANy feedback or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vadim