Re: Shared Files

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: Re: Shared Files
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 17:51:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, James Smith wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to know how to share files
>
> I checked in a file (i.e.  index.html) into its RCS registry (index.html,v)
> from user
>
>     ci index.html
>
> Then I added some other users to the acces list of the file
>
>     rcs -auser1,user2 index.html,v
>
> Then I tried to check out from the user1 locking the revision but it doen't
> work
>
>     co -l /home/user/temp/ index.html,v

did you set up groups properly?  or are you using windows?

did you try just:

co -l /home/user/temp/index.html

(your message had a space in the filename path and a comma-v (,v) which
isn't always necessary )

try looking at the man pages on specifying files on the command line.

--
GNU Press
http://www.gnupress.org/