RCS within a program

From: Abhinav Khushraj
Subject: RCS within a program
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:48:49 -0500

Hi
     Does anybody know how to make use of RCS (ci, co, rcsdiff etc) from within a program. Does RCS provide any kind of API to do that. Basically, I want to maintain versions of files from within a  program and so want to know how to do that. RCS is good for doing stuff at command line but I want to know how to do from withing a program. One way I know is use the system call 'system' and invoke shell commands but I dont want to use that.
     Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Abhinav
Abhinav Khushraj           Masters Student      University of Florida
OFFICE  (352) 392-6833     HOME (352)336 3793         address@hidden
Harris Commn. Lab, Computer & Information Science & Eng. Dept. (CISE)
Gainesville,  FL 32611-6120, USA     http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~abhinav