Trouble with RCS 5.7

From: Keith Hays
Subject: Trouble with RCS 5.7
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 11:46:05 -0600 (CST)

Hello,
 I was hoping that you would be able to help me with a problem I'm having
with RCS 5.7 and binary files.

The problem is that RCS is not storing the previous revisions of the
binary files as I was lead to believe it should. The resultant rcs archive
of a file contains the logs of all the revisions and the most recent
revision (as it should) and that's it.

We didn't notice this before because you can simply checkout out the most
recent revision (thinking you got the previous one). Not good, to say the
least.

My understanding was the RCS would store binary files in their entirety
and not attempt to create delta revisions of them. Please advise me as to
the correct behavior of RCS and any fixes (assuming this behavior is
incorrect).

We are in need of an answer as quickly as possible. Any information that
you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Keith Hays

"When one loves, nothing is too much trouble, and there is always time."
    -- Attributed to `Abdu'l-Baha
Keith Hays
Senior Support Engineer                 Email:  address@hidden
Argus Systems Group, Inc.               Phone:  (217) 355-6909
1809 Woodfield Drive                    Fax  :  (217) 355-1433
Savoy IL  61874                         Web  :  www.argus-systems.com
United States