RE: WinNT console

From: Nick DiToro
Subject: RE: WinNT console
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 10:19:15 -0500

Hi Mauro,

I think I am the only one on this list.  You are lucky I know how to do this!

The problem you are seeing is RCS outputs this text to stderr, I think.

There are two ways to solve the problem.
1) Right click the top of the dos box.  Change the properties\layout\screen buffer size\height to 500.  At that point you can scroll, cut and paste.

2) Install NT's gnu toolkit (bash) from www.redhat.com.  Run bash, then run rcs commands like so:
a. Rlog filename.c >>&file.txt

After a cursory look, I could not find the NT gnu toolkit, but it used to be there back when www.cygnus.com was the url.  It has to be there somewhere!

If you can't find the nt tools, I think I might have the installation program.  Let me know.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Nick

P.S.  Perhaps you can help me with my problem.
I get the following error when I try to check out some old version of source from my archive:
co: i2c.h,v:1604: edit script refers to line past end of file
I am using rcs version 5.7, ported for use on Win NT (binnt bin directory).
I have verified that our Unix version of co returns the same error.  This indicates that the problem is either with ci or the ,v file.

Any ideas?