help-librejs

Re: Recommended way to use Asciinema

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: Recommended way to use Asciinema
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 16:13:50 +0200

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the suggestion.

I am trying to minimize having to redo stuff. In other words: I want
to get it right on the first try.

So I would appreciate a worked through example of how to do this
correctly, and how to test that it works as expected.

This is to avoid having to guess what is meant at the risk of getting
it wrong, thus causing more noise on the mailing list and frustration
for everyone.

Having a worked through example will also make it easier for me to
suggest this to the Asciinema maintainer: "Please make an option that
does exactly this. No more. No less."

And it might not be a waste of time for LibreJS to have an example
with Asciinema being used as a case: I think we will see more libre
JavaScript that is compiled to WASM, and as a proponent of free
software I want to see this thrive - but without sacrificing freedom
in the process.

/Ole