help-librejs

Re: Recommended way to use Asciinema

From: Jeff Henriquez
Subject: Re: Recommended way to use Asciinema
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2024 01:17:38 +0000

Hi Ole,

Minified code isn't a problem per-se, you can put a license notice on it during
the build process (eg.
view-source:https://www.obsessivefacts.com/js/main.min.js)

I looked at Asciinema and it's definitely a GPLv3 project
(https://github.com/asciinema/asciinema/blob/develop/LICENSE). If you want to
self-host it in a LibreJS-compatible way you could always go through the build
instructions from the GitHub readme and paste the GPLv3 license notice into the
generated JavaScript files.

Keep in mind I'm not an official maintainer and there might be a better way so
take my advice with a grain of salt!

Cheers,

—Henriquez

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.