help-librejs

Recommended way to use Asciinema

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Recommended way to use Asciinema
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 23:56:56 +0200

Asciinema (https://asciinema.org/) is a nice free tool to generate
videos of terminal sessions.

It is a nice way of showing off a terminal tool such as GNU Parallel,
and thus I have updated https://www.gnu.org/s/parallel to include
this.

I can download dist/bundle/asciinema-player.css
dist/bundle/asciinema-player.js dist/bundle/asciinema-player.min.js
and host them locally with the recording. But it is unclear if
recommended practice is that I use asciinema-player.js or
asciinema-player.min.js It is also unclear how I should refer to the
license for these.

Looking at asciinema-player.js it is clear it contains a binary blob
(search for: wasm_code), but I feel convinced this is entirely
generated by free software when building Asciinema.

Please advise on how to use Asciinema in a LibreJS compatible way.

It would be preferable if you included a way that only required write
access to https://www.gnu.org/s/parallel (i.e. not requiring access to
https://www.gnu.org/about/). Even better would be a general way that
could be included in Asciinema, so the user could ask it to generate the
required files.

/Ole

PS: I tried sending to bug-librejs, but got:
550 Callout verification failed: 550 Unrouteable address