help-librejs

JS with no charset specified are not taken for being UTF-8-encoded (was:

From: Dmitry Alexandrov
Subject: JS with no charset specified are not taken for being UTF-8-encoded (was: JS licence recognised but breaks website)
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 01:58:35 +0300

Dmitry Alexandrov <address@hidden> wrote:
> Rémi Borfigat <address@hidden> wrote:
>> https://remiborfigat.com/rock-paper-scissors/
>>
>> LibreJS detects the right licence indeed. However, it now breaks my script,
>> preventing the page from working. Opening the Abrowser dev tools, I got
>> ‘SyntaxError: missing ) after condition’. If I disable LibreJS, everything
>> works fine.
>>
>> Is this a bug of LibreJS?
>
> Maybe.
>
> Hard to say anything else, since (a) I cannot reproduce it: everything works
> fine for me at Firefox® 68.7.0esr built by Debian and LibreJS 7.20.2; and (b)
> you did not specify your setup.

There is another bug, though:

| It’s a draw!

In other words, a script [0] that is served with no charset explicitly
specified (which is absolutely fine per [1]) is not recognised as being
UTF-8-encoded, while LibreJS is enabled.

[0] https://remiborfigat.com/rock-paper-scissors/gui.js
[1]
https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/obsolete.html#obsolete-but-conforming-features