help-librejs

Re: [Help-librejs] Add WTFPL to free licenses

From: Nik Nyby
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] Add WTFPL to free licenses
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 09:08:21 -0400

On 06/05/2015 02:00 PM, CY wrote:

I want to request that you add the WTFPL to your list of accepted free licenses.
It turns out that there are a number of very vocal people protesting the global
use of "public domain" which has historically been limited to colonizing nations
and not allowed of the colonies. The notion of "commonwealth" only applies to
the people who participate in the commons after all, and it's often conveniently
omitted that certain people are barred from participating in the commons. These
days we call them illegal immigrants. In fact, there are some who claim that the
commonwealth does not apply to any nation of citizens who do not recognize the
british monarch as their ruler!

Cool, I remember the WTFPL from libcaca. I didn't realize that it was
actually useful. I'll add it to LibreJS.