help-librejs

Re: [Help-librejs] Make LibreJS friendlier for web developers

From: Kuno Woudt
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] Make LibreJS friendlier for web developers
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 22:19:09 -0500

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014, at 08:26 AM, Tony França wrote:
Recently I updated freedomsponsors.org to be compliant with LibreJS.

4) Build a online testing tool

It would be awesome to have an online tool that could test any given website against LibreJS standards.
Paste your URL, get the results. Is it possible to build such a thing using NodeJS?

I don't think "online" is the key thing here. (When I'm building a web application I would want these checks to be part of my build process or unit test suite).

The important thing IMO is to take this part of librejs and separate it into an independent library, so it can be re-used by others to build a command-line testing tool, or an online testing tool, or as a plugin for some fancy IDE, or etc...

I agree that we should make it as easy as possible for web developers to make their web sites compatible with LibreJS.

-- Kuno.