help-librejs

Re: [Help-librejs] Question on JavaScript Web Labels

From: Nik Nyby
Subject: Re: [Help-librejs] Question on JavaScript Web Labels
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 21:40:59 -0400

Hi Marco,

> My question is: have you considered this?

Interesting.. I didn't realize that the 'rel="jslicense"' is invalid
HTML following the HTML5 standard.

The 'license' attribute for rel is described in that link as a place to
specify a license for the content of the document, but not the
javascript code. So I think if LibreJS used the license attribute here,
that would also be going against the standard.

One solution I can think of is to use a data attribute, so the element
would look something like:

          JavaScript license information
      </a>

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/dom.html#embedding-custom-non-visible-data-with-the-data-*-attributes