help-hurd

Re: Compiling Hurd

From: giggles
Subject: Re: Compiling Hurd
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 22:12:12 +0000

Thanks for pointing this part of documentation, I also noticed this other page https://darnassus.sceen.net/~hurd-web/hurd/glibc/ which uses the glibc/scripts/build-many-glibcs.py to 'generate' the needed toolchain, it acts in a similar manner to cross-gnu when building i686-gnu compiler. Im learning new things from those scripts. Thanks for the tip about using a hurd system itself to avoid crosscompilation, but for now I will play a bit more trying to bootstrap the hurd from my system. I hope to join hurd development in the future.