Re: Desktop Enlightment

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Desktop Enlightment
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 11:29:03 +0200

On Wed, Nov 30, 2022 at 07:28:18PM +0000, Gottfried wrote:
> Hi Guixers,
>
> I have got the desktop Enlightment installed
>
> There are again and again certain problems.
> It seems to me that Enlightment isn't well developed yet.

There is a complaint against Enlightenment (and EFL) that they overuse
void pointers to swallow errors, so it's hard to squash bugs.

> E.g.because of a second monitor which I connected to the laptop.
> Other problems I have already forgotten, because I haven't used it
> therefore.

I haven't tried hooking up a second monitor yet. There is a popup about
no ACPI program/daemon running when enlightenment first starts but it's
been working well enough for me despite that for several years.

> Now I can't open the package "MuseScore". It can't find the right path.

I don't use musescore, but I was able to launch it without problems.

> Is there somebody who is using Enlightment?
>
> Have you got also sometimes problems?

I find that it does sometimes crash on me and cause me to reopen
windows. It happens mostly with nheko and with flatpaks. I've apparently
been using Enlightenment on Guix System since early 2018 so I've
probably learned to ignore any issues that still exist.