Re: Connection refused to Guix-hosted SSH

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Connection refused to Guix-hosted SSH
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 10:06:11 -0700

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 1:54 AM dabbede@gmail.com <dabbede@gmail.com> wrote:

> Finally, I also tried to manually start sshd on port 2222

I think that is a fabulous idea, especially if you can prevent
daemonization with -d (or -D).

> this is the output /etc/ssh/sshd_config: No such file or directory

The sshd_config is in /gnu/store. It is generated by 'guix system
reconfigure'. You can see all available versions with

    ls -ld /gnu/store/*sshd-config

In a bind, I would pick one that should work and pass it via -f.

To find the version that is actually used by your current system
generation and corresponds to your latest config.scm would require
some sleuthing. You may have to examine the symbolic links in the
system profile and, possibly, in /gnu/store. You may be able to get
better advice about that in #guix on IRC.

Either way, please do not make any manual changes to /gnu/store,
however tempting it may appear.

Kind regards
Felix Lechner