SOLVED: Re: nheko and quaternion: completely black chat area

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: SOLVED: Re: nheko and quaternion: completely black chat area
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 14:21:36 +0200

Hello Guix,

Giovanni Biscuolo <g@xelera.eu> writes:

[...]

> So it seems to be related to my LTSP session AND to Something™ my
> (Guix?) environment... but can't figure out what.

Since my LTSP terminal is not 3D capable I have to enable the Qt Quick
2D Renderer [1] by setting this env variable in my profile:

export QMLSCENE_DEVICE=softwarecontext

This way I'm now able to use nheko (and quaternion... and other Qt Quick
based apps I guess) also on my 2D LTSP terminal.

Happy hacking! Gio'

[1] https://doc.qt.io/QtQuick2DRenderer/

--
Giovanni Biscuolo