Re: File Managers shows many devices that are not drives, in i3 but not

From: brendan . tildesley
Subject: Re: File Managers shows many devices that are not drives, in i3 but not in GNOME
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 11:46:59 -0000

> I have the same in an older MATE Desktop (old == not including my new work)
> on an older,
> randomly disfunctional computer. They show up on the Desktop as drives, and
> first appeared
> many weeks ago. After a couple of reboots they disappear.

Just rebooted once and they are still present.

> I think XFCE and iirc awesome show the drives aswell, so I did not consider
> it to be
> a bug per se.

It doesn't happen for me when I log into GNOME3.
It's certainly a bug of some kind but at least it's i3-specific. Where else to
look?

Not sure if it's related, but i also have an issue with default applications.
if i try to open a file with an unknown extension, the list of programs to open
it with are empty.