UNable to change date/time and TZ on GNOME/GuixSD

From: Ravishankar S
Subject: UNable to change date/time and TZ on GNOME/GuixSD
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 19:24:58 +0530

Greetings Geeks,

After watching the DaveT and ChrisW video on youtube, I was genuinely impressed with the goals and design of the project and I wanted to take it for a spin. Pleasantly surprised at how easy the install was. within an hour I had a GNOME desktop running and was poking around the packages available. I have a few issues that I need help with:

Fresh install of guix sd .11 and git pull today. GNOME 3.20 runs well with no crashes. Susend/Resume works, NW is stable

In GNOME control center, I cannot change the date/time or the TZ and it defaults to London GMT. It complains of missing policykit files but i can't find the correct package. i have polkit packages installed

Is it not possible to get the full vanilla GNOME 3.20 env on Guix SD due to no systemd? - I am genuinely curious and not flamebaiting

Is there a top level metapackage that i can install so that the full GNOME 3.20 env with all the tools and utils can be pulled in