Re: Packaging packages with GPG signed source archives

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Packaging packages with GPG signed source archives
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 14:14:38 +0200

ng0 <address@hidden> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> ng0 <address@hidden> skribis:
>>
>>> On the subject of git repos, I do not understand enough of the
>>> git-download.scm at the moment to add this myself, but why don't we have
>>> git-fsck in it as default?
>>
>> Dunno; what would it add?
>>
>> Ludo’.
>
> I don't understand enough of it, I only know someone else added it to
> some project I contribute to.

Guix ‘origin’ forms store the expected SHA256 of the checkout.  So
everytime we do a Git checkout, guix-daemon explicitly makes sure the
the checkout contents match the given SHA256.  IOW, we already have
integrity checks built in Guix.  For this reason, I think ‘git fsck’
wouldn’t provide any additional guarantee.

Hope this makes sense!

Ludo’.