Re: guixsd on macbook

From: rennes
Subject: Re: guixsd on macbook
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 03:32:30 +0100

hi,

On 2016-01-22 00:13, Alex Kost wrote:
address@hidden (2016-01-22 00:39 +0300) wrote:

On 2016-01-20 16:47, address@hidden wrote:
Hi,

address@hidden skribis:

I've finished installing correctly GuixSD on macbook. There are some
issue with touchpad.

If anyone has problems with the keyboard when boot guixsd, fix with
the following commands:

rmmod usbhid
rmmod usbkbd

or use an external usb keyboard.

Interesting!  We were discussing this at <http://bugs.gnu.org/20433>,
and it seems that only ‘usbkbd’ was at fault.

Could you check if removing ‘usbkbd’ alone is enough?

I would expect ‘usbhid’ to be required since the internal keyboard
appears to be a USB device.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Hi Ludo,

is correct, removing 'usbkbd'.

I only use 'rmmod usbhid' to reload the module of the internal keyboard.

i test configuring from the scratch the machine and it´s working:

(operating-system
  (host-name "antelope")
  (timezone "Europe/Paris")
  (locale "en_US.UTF-8")
  (kernel-arguments '("modprobe.blacklist=usbkbd"))

if i reconfigure:

  sudo guix system reconfigure /path/to/configuration.scm

is not working.

Did you do "guix pull" before reconfiguring?  Support for
"modprobe.blacklist" arguments was added several days ago, so you need
to have a recent guix code.

apologies for my late reply, i test run "guix pull" before reconfiguring, and its don`t working.

For the moment i use the first option, configuring from the scratch.

Thanks in advance.