Re: [EXT]Re: Converted MBR to GPT and menu is gone, can't use grub-reboo

From: Pascal Hambourg
Subject: Re: [EXT]Re: Converted MBR to GPT and menu is gone, can't use grub-reboot either
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:13:53 +0100

On 21/02/2023 at 16:33, Chandler wrote:

I set the TIMEOUT back to 5 and I see the blank screen for about 12
seconds before seeing kernel messages.  I think you're on to something!
It tells us the menu is showing /somewhere/ just not on any screen we
can interact with.
(...)
Since I am mainly using the Serial Over Lan, and rarely the Java or
HTML5 iKVM, and even less the VGA port, GRUB_TERMINAL=console will
hopefully take care of this... but not yet, still blank.  Let me see if
the iKVM's show anything different...

If you want GRUB to use the serial port, you may try to set it in /etc/default/grub. According to the kernel parameters:

GRUB_SERIAL_COMMAND="serial --unit=1 --speed=115200"
GRUB_TERMINAL=serial