Re: Grub on BIOS/GPT

From: David Ventura
Subject: Re: Grub on BIOS/GPT
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 11:44:41 +0100

The machines I'll boot support this, so it's fine. (And they'll only
ever boot Linux, so no need for hybrid MBR).

Using grub-install also expects to read the device.map from my disk
and write to /boot/grub/i386-pc on my disk.
I understand how this makes sense for the use-case grub-install is
intended for, and how I'm fairly outside of it.

I'm trying to generate thousands of disk images for various tests on
real systems, and for each I know specifically what disk layout
they'll have, the address of the bios boot partition, path to grub
files, etc.

--
Stack is the new term for "I have no idea what I'm actually using".