Re: grub-mkconfig os-prober did not update UUID

From: Claude Robitaille
Subject: Re: grub-mkconfig os-prober did not update UUID
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 14:14:12 +0000

I understand the fact that the foreign grub.cfg is used as a source; but if the
UUIDs for the other non kernel command line items are changed why not changing
the command line itself, if the UUID matches? I understand that some menuentry
may be special and have very weird kernel command lines but by matching the
UUID value all shold be good.

Changing the original grub.cfg  can not be done with grub tools; chroot and
then run grub-mkconfig fails due to lack of a valid /dev and possibly other
missing proc entries. Reverting to manually modify it can be done on the
grub.cfg in the new partition.