Cannot boot on any OS

From: Abdulrahman OMAR
Subject: Cannot boot on any OS
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 17:24:06 +0000

Good afternoon,

I was launching important Windows upgrades, then my PC restarted several times
then I did another VAIO update.
I had to restart my computer again. At that moment, I had a GNU GRUB version
2.00-12ubuntu1 terminal screen apprearing instead of normal boot on Windows. I
have never had this console displayed before and I have never used any Ubuntu
installations on that computer. I tried installations many years ago but it
failed. There is a message "Minimal BASH-like editing is supported etc..."
Anyway, I tried to use different commands as indicated on different websites:
exit, shift button or F12 hold, root but none of them worked. With ls I
displayed (hd0), (hd0,gpt7), (hd0,gpt6), ..., (hd0,gpt1) and (cd0).
When exiting I noted the following message displayed very quickly before
returning again to the terminal: "error: failure reading sector 0x0 from
'cd0'.".

I do not have any installation CDs or USBs, but I don't think I have lost my
Windows partition.

Could you please tell me how I can deal with that issue ? I would just like to
retrieve my Windows 10 OS and if possible remove the GNU GRUB terminal so that
I get an automated boot like previously.

Thank you very much for your help.

Greetings,

Abdulrahman OMAR