Towards a customized Grub2

From: Richard Owlett
Subject: Towards a customized Grub2
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 12:24:57 -0500

Over the past few years I've found bits and pieces suggesting what I want is physically possible. I do *NOT* trust my references to be current, complete, or mutually consistent.

My OS of choice is Debian.
The hardware has a SINGLE physical hard disk which Debian consistently refers to as /dev/sda.
I can set aside required space before the first partition.
/dev/sda1 shall be dedicated to Grub2.
/dev/sda2 shall be SWAP
/dev/sda3 will contain the default OS
/dev/sda4 shall be an extended partition filling remainder of the disk
/dev/sda5 -> /sdaN will be assigned as required

When operating systems are added or deleted they *SHALL* appear in the Grub menu in the *PHYSICAL* order that have on the disk. If the partition containing an OS has an associated label, that label *SHALL* be used in lieu of /dev/sdaN - *NO EXCEPTIONS*.

I am assuming a Grub2 executable conforming exactly to the official documentation.

How to obtain and install?
TIA