Re: 'device ...' line in grub.cfg

From: David Kaspar [Dee'Kej]
Subject: Re: 'device ...' line in grub.cfg
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 15:53:40 +0200

Hello Andrei,

I honestly don't know what generated that line, but I have a hunch it just
a debugging code output. If you look at 'grub-core/kern/efi/efi.c' (in
current grub2 repository), at line 763, you will see this:

> grub_printf ("/HD(%u,%llx,%llx,%02x%02x%02x%02x%02x%02x%02x%02x,%x,%x)",
>          hd->partition_number,
>          (unsigned long long) hd->partition_start,
>          (unsigned long long) hd->partition_size,
>          (unsigned) hd->partition_signature[0],
>          (unsigned) hd->partition_signature[1],
>          (unsigned) hd->partition_signature[2],
>          (unsigned) hd->partition_signature[3],
>          (unsigned) hd->partition_signature[4],
>          (unsigned) hd->partition_signature[5],
>          (unsigned) hd->partition_signature[6],
>          (unsigned) hd->partition_signature[7],
>          (unsigned) hd->partmap_type,
>          (unsigned) hd->signature_type);

So, this is part of grub2 (U)EFI, even though it was backported to
grub-legacy.

Best regards,

David Kaspar [Dee'Kej]

*Associate Software Engineer*

*Brno, Czech Republic*
RED HAT | TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED.
Every airline in the Fortune 500 relies on Red Hat.
Find out why at Trusted | Red Hat <http://www.redhat.com/en/about/trusted>.