error: invalid signature

From: Adrian
Subject: error: invalid signature
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 19:42:25 +0200

hi,

I would like to make a chainboot from an usb key to the third hd with
centOS. I installed grub2 at the usb key and created the grub2 file
inside the usb key (/boot/grub2/)

grub.cfg:

menuentry 'centosOS hd3' {
      chainloader (hd3,1)+1
}

the booting ends with error: invalid signature. I tested some other
combinations with: set root, search, filelocation, insmod,...

But every time the same message.

I have no idea what´s wrong or what the error mean.

On third HD it´s CentOS7, first partition ext4 where the "/boot"
directory is located. All the other partitions are lvm´s (/,/home, swap).

Till this day, nobody has an answer or an idea what´s wrong. So you´re
my last hope.

Sorry for my bad Englisch.

Regards from the Black Forest / Germany