Re: Boot from 4TB USB jhard drive

From: Emilio Lazo Zaia
Subject: Re: Boot from 4TB USB jhard drive
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 01:33:05 -0430

Ok; I'll do all these steps, but before I have a comment:

If I let start the PC with my hard disk (GRUB2) I can insmod lvm, set root device to the /boot logical volume on 4KB-sector disk and load the GRUB config file. Linux kernel runs and the system on this 4TB USB disk starts... But if I set root to this disk (hd1) and chainload the boot sector (+1) again it hangs the same way as booting directly to this 4TB drive.