Re: Which modules to include in the --module parameter of the grub-insta

From: Arbiel (gmx)
Subject: Re: Which modules to include in the --module parameter of the grub-install command
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 09:26:39 +0100

Le 01/03/2016 05:04, Andrei Borzenkov a écrit :
> 29.02.2016 20:11, Arbiel (gmx) пишет:
>> Hi
>>
>> Thank you for your input.
>>

>> Le 28/02/2016 10:11, Andrei Borzenkov a écrit :
>>> ïÔÐÒÁ×ÌÅÎÏ Ó iPhone

>>> Posting link may help.
>> The user ran "boot-repair" to produce a boot report, available at
>>
>> http://paste.ubuntu.com/14858848/
>>
> Nothing really stands out as long as BIOS really boots from sdd.
>
>> He produced other reports, to show he had performed the
>> modifications which he had been suggested to do, but these reports
>> would not provide you with valuable additional pieces of
>> information.

>>> GRUB has support for standard text mode console compiled in. If it
>>> does not produce any output, this is BIOS issue.
>>>
>>> If I understand you correctly, system boots but grub output is not
>>> shown. Correct? Are BIOS messages shown on this screen?
>> We are in a great confusion on what is happening. We have even not
>> been able to prove the BIOS released control to grub. For instance,
>> grub did not display any message on the screen even after the
>> grub.cfg file had been renamed.
>>
>> We followed several tracks, which lead nowhere.
>>
> You managed to completely ignore both my questions ...
Sorry, I have not been clear enough.
We are sure of nothing, so I cannot tell
1) whether BIOS releases control to grub or not (is it really impossible
that BIOS may find conditions which it considers illegal to boot from
the removable drive ?)
2) if grub gets control, no message appears on the screen, no menu, no
error message, nothing

I cannot tell anything more precise.