Re: Halt command in UEFI reboots.

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Halt command in UEFI reboots.
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 20:35:42 +0300

01.01.2016 19:46, Goh Lip пишет:
> Issuing "halt" command in grub prompt reboots the computer instead of
> shutting down completely. This happens only in UEFI systems and not in
> bios-legacy which works as it should. Computer does power down but
> restarts again.
>
> Is there another command that I should use?

GRUB tries to find out correct ACPI value for power-off and calls ACPI.
It is possible that GRUB fails to parse ACPI tables, it is possible that
ACPI tables are not correct, it is possible that firmware misbehaves.

More debugging is needed; are you willing to install current development
version and assist in debugging?