Re: Cannot boot from dual bios/uefi boot CD

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Cannot boot from dual bios/uefi boot CD
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 11:03:51 +0300

В Sun, 1 Mar 2015 11:55:21 +0400
John Frankish <address@hidden> пишет:

> > Unfortunately --install-modules list is also mandatory. So at this point
> > the only workaround is to put common modules in
> >  --install-modules and add others manually, like
> >
> > grub-mkrescue
> > --install-modules="normal
> > linux ..." ... /boot/grub/x86_64-efi/efi_gop.mod=/path/to/efi_gop.mod
> >
> > Not very elegant but should work.
>
> Thanks - this works for me:
>
> sudo grub-mkrescue --install-modules="bitmap bitmap_scale boot bufio crypto
> extcmd font fshelp gettext gfxmenu gfxterm linux ls minicmd mmap normal
> part_acorn part_amiga part_apple part_bsd part_dfly part_dvh part_gpt
> part_msdos part_plan part_sun part_sunpc relocator terminal trig video
> video_fb"
> iso/boot/grub/x86_64-efi/efi_gop.mod=/usr/local/lib/grub/x86_64-efi/efi_gop.mod
>
> iso/boot/grub/x86_64-efi/efi_uga.mod=/usr/local/lib/grub/x86_64-efi/efi_uga.mod
>
> iso/boot/grub/x86_64-efi/loadbios.mod=/usr/local/lib/grub/x86_64-efi/loadbios.mod
>  -o myiso.iso iso

Good. But returning to the very beginning of this thread - now you have
definite module list that is known to work for you. If you now create
grub image(s) as you did in your original post but using this list -
does it work? If not, we can revisit it and compare other settings what
is done differently.