Re: Grub2 install with / on lvm

From: jeff
Subject: Re: Grub2 install with / on lvm
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 09:14:47 -0800 (PST)

Well, trying your latest suggestion to bypass shim didn't work either.  I get
the same error message "failure to read sector x?x?x?x from hd1" for a short
period, then it moves on to flashing the error "no such device: 27ae300a-...."
which maps back to the UUID of my lvm volume lv_mintroot (/ partition).

So for doing a reinstall of this, what is the current standard (best practices,
opinion?) for partitions for /, /boot, and /boot/efi these days.  I believe
that I recall that /boot/efi needs to be on its own partition, and it would
seem logical to me that /boot would also be on its own partition, but don't
recall in all the reading I have been doing lately.  I would like to keep my /
partition on lvm as that gives me options for changing the size later without
it being too much of a hassle.

I am going to take some time over the next day or so to write up all my notes
on this adventure before starting the reinstall.  Thanks again.

Jeff