Re: Cannot boot from dual bios/uefi boot CD

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Cannot boot from dual bios/uefi boot CD
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 09:24:40 +0300

В Sun, 1 Feb 2015 11:21:23 +0400
John Frankish <address@hidden> пишет:

> How do I compile grub for both efi and i386-pc?
>
> It seems like I can have --platform-efi or --platform=pc (and
> --target=x86_64), but not both?

You can't build two platforms at the same time. Build two times and
install under common prefix, like

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/grub-test --with-platform=efi
make ; make install ; make distclean
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/grub-test --with-platform=pc
make ; make install
/usr/local/grub-test/bin/grub-mkrescue ...

May be we should extend grub-mkrescue to take a list of directories so
it could build multi-platform image directly.