Re: error: embedding is not possible, but this is required for RAID and

From: bl0
Subject: Re: error: embedding is not possible, but this is required for RAID and LVM install.
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 12:55:10 +0200

On Thursday 10 April 2014 23:43:13 bl0 wrote:
> On Thursday 10 April 2014 20:02:08 Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> > > 31467  biosdisk part_msdos lvm minix
> >
> > This still should fit into 62 sectors. What is full grub.core size in
> > your case?
>
> Do you mean core.img file? Yes it's between 30.5...31 KiB so it should
> fit but grub-setup refuses to write it. I'll try to debug this later.

grub-setup limits core size to 2 sectors less than the offset of the first
partition. One sector for the MBR and one sector at the end I don't know
why.

"your embedding area is unusually small" may be displayed instead of
the usual "your core.img is unusually large" if the first partition starts
at offset < 64 sectors (rather than 63).

--
bl0