Re: Gamepad support (SevenBits)

From: Tom Davies
Subject: Re: Gamepad support (SevenBits)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 12:56:23 +0100

Hi :)
I started a thread on the devs mailing-list but only got as far as asking
1.  if it might be possible, and how tricky it's likely to be
2.  whether best to post as a bug-report and how to make it clear it's
a feature-request for additional functionality
3.  is there an existing non-Grub multi-boot-loader for game-machines

The way this thread is going on the User Support mailing list seems
more within the devs scope rather than ours.  Interesting points tho!!

My own 2cents is that i would only really expect very basic support
and i'd be stuck if anything went wrong.

However, going further sounds like a great idea for the future even if
not possible in the short-term.  The idea of getting to the
command-line and being able to edit without a keyboard sounds
interesting.  Since tab-completion is built-in perhaps it might be
possible to do combine a list of commands with something like the
"high-score board" in 70s-80s arcade machines?  I wonder what ideas
the devs come up with! :)

It might be worth you finding my post to their list and adding your
thoughts, or perhaps start a new thread about practicalities :)

Good luck all!! :)))
Regards from
Tom :)