Re: Booting from NVMe controller enters GRUB rescue

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Booting from NVMe controller enters GRUB rescue
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:17:00 +0400

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 10:53 AM, vinayak holikatti
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have developed Legacy OptionROM for NVMe controller device. We are
> able to boot to all Windows 7 and later OS. But we are facing issue in
> booting Fedora 20 x86_64 OS. Fedora 20 gets installed successfully on
> NVMe device. While booting from NVMe device we are observing error as
> follows and enters grub rescue. We are clueless about what is
> happening here. We would like to know how to over come this issue and
> boot to Fedora 20 OS from our controller.
>
> "error : no such device: 44d1bf09-4e8a-4f46-aea6-09e364abf5cb.
>  Entering rescue mode...
>  grub_rescue>"

GRUB cannot find filesystem with UUID printed. Some of required
drivers are missing in core.img. What is NVMe? Could you give more
information (is it BIOS compatible? Are you using HDD or some other
media? What is disk layout - any MD, LVM or other RAID partitions?)