Multiboot mixed width O/Ss

From: coifed48641
Subject: Multiboot mixed width O/Ss
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 22:25:59 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

GRUB Gurus,
I realize the answer to my question ultimately may be determined by the Intel and AMD architectures. Is it possible to boot alternately to a 32bit OS and a 64bit OS with GRUB 2 and a 64 bit processor?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_GRUB mostly refers to Grub legacy and http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-faq.html states
"The current release is working on Intel/AMD PCs, OpenFirmware-based PowerPC machines (PowerMac and Pegasos), EFI-based PC (IntelMac) and coreboot (formerly, LinuxBIOS), and is being ported to UltraSparc." without reference to processor width.

I also checked "https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2" but found no reference to CPU width.

Thanks,