Re: Progress indicator on loading images

From: Bertho Stultiens
Subject: Re: Progress indicator on loading images
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 13:14:39 +0100

On 01/02/2014 06:58 AM, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
>> Is there a way to configure a progress-bar or the old dots while the
>> kernel and initrd are being loaded from disk in grub2?
> Current grub2 (2.02 beta2 at the moment) includes progress module that
> is supposed to display current percentage and estimated speed. Somehow
> it does not for me, but may be it just loads too fast. You could try to
> build it (may be it is packaged already). You will need to do "insmod
> progress" before loading files.

Thanks, I will try if I can. Unfortunately, this is not default in the
distro. Ubuntu use 1.99 in 12.04 lts at the moment.

I will see if I can get the beta version to compile on another machine
(compiling on a slow old machine on slow usb is not an option, I have
limits).

Or is there a repo for precompiled beta binaries? So much easier.

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)