Re: GRUB can't read FAT file system

From: Chris Murphy
Subject: Re: GRUB can't read FAT file system
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 12:36:21 -0700

On Dec 8, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Andrey Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:

> You need to include partition support. For EFI this would be at least
> part_gpt and part_msdos.

I think missing part_gpt is the problem, maybe also part_msdos.

> First you said "partitioned" and now you show whole device and not
> partition. What is correct?

The way I understand it, he means partitioned it doesn't work, but when not
partitioned it does work, which further seems to imply that due to the lack of
part_gpt being included, grub doesn't know where to start looking for the
partitioned FAT fs.

Chris Murphy