Question about LVM or RAID on /boot

From: Kun Huang
Subject: Question about LVM or RAID on /boot
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:22:46 +0800

Hi all

When searching why we couldn't use LVM or RAID on /boot, the most of answers are "that couldn't be support". But I would like get to know more details. In grub.conf file, we could use (hd0,0) to specify "root=". In another words, grub in stage2 actually could find data in all of disks. Is this right? If grub could find all partitions of all disks, what other reasons stop we find out information of LVM or RAID about and in disks?

Regrads,
Gareth