Re: Using grub, is it possible to use "if, while" during booting (before

From: Binh Minh
Subject: Re: Using grub, is it possible to use "if, while" during booting (before loading normal.mod)?
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 07:33:28 -0700

It is a security feature requires my implementation to ask for the user's input and compare the input before we process information in grub.cfg.  It is proprietary so I can't discuss more than that.  If I include modules echo, sleep, read during grub-mkimage, I was able to have those commands in myconfig.cfg, and this works before normal.mod is loaded.  But how come "if" statement is unknown?  The grub documentation on this web site http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Embedded-configuration.html has an example showing using "if" statement is possible.  What kind of built-in script parser is used when processing the "config file" that was linked into core.img?

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 2:39 AM, Andrey Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Binh Minh <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am trying to read in a user's input, compare the user's input to X.  If
> the user's input matches X, proceed to load normal.mod; otherwise loop back
> to get user's input.

And why you cannot do it after normal.mod is loaded?