Re: Can GRUB2 request netboot config based on client MAC or IP?

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Can GRUB2 request netboot config based on client MAC or IP?
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 23:49:47 +0400

В Sun, 23 Jun 2013 15:37:17 -0400
Andrew Davidoff <address@hidden> пишет:

> If I run `configfile pxe/test.cfg` in the shell, it outputs a blank
> line for the echo command, and the set command does not produce any of
> the net_* vars:

Yes, you are right, configfile opened new context and net_* variables
are non-global by default. To propagate you would need to export all of the
net_default_interface, net_${net_default_interface}_mac and
net_default_mac.

The same problem would be in submenu which also opens new context.

I do not see any reason to restrict these variables to local scope so I
submitted patch to export all of them by default.