Re: Can GRUB2 request netboot config based on client MAC or IP?

From: Andrew Davidoff
Subject: Re: Can GRUB2 request netboot config based on client MAC or IP?
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 16:22:31 -0400

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Andrey Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yes, there is regexp command. As you are using current bzr sources,
> this command is documented there.

Thanks Andrey. I got this all working. One thing - it seems that I am
unable to export $net_default_mac so that subsidiary configfile's can
see it. If I do:

export net_default_mac

in grub.cfg then load another config, net_default_mac is set to
(null). If however I set my own variable to the value of
$net_default_mac in grub.cfg, then export that variable in the same
way I was trying to export net_default_mac, the subsidiary configfile
is able to read the expected MAC address from my variable. I am not
sure if this is expected behavior or not. I realize that with
net_default_mac being a built in, it could be special. Using my own
variable to work around this is fine, though.

Thanks again for your help on this!
Andy