recovering win7

From: squareyes
Subject: recovering win7
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 19:17:35 +1030

Hi, I have a laptop that I had win7 (came with it) and Ubuntu.
The monitor has been damaged but still works with an external monitor.

I have deleted partitions formatted them after deleting partitions and created a single new partition, and used the recovery disks (5 dvd's), I elected to re-install everything,
thought that format the drive, but after re-starting I get a screen with

error:no such partition.
grub rescue>

The person who I am giving it too has to use Win7, I would prefer that she uses Linux but she won't.
Is there any command I can enter on
error:no such partition.
grub rescue>
to restore the mbr

Many thanks in advance, am not the most patient individual, have been close to tearing my hair out,
what there is of it.

Take care
Winton